The Academy of Riding has a well-rounded children’s program with a foundation based on safety, responsibility and communication. This program is perfect for children, from beginners to advanced horseback riders. Each child will be provided with one-on-one instruction as it pertains to horsemanship, riding, learning proper handling, diet and care of horses. Our aim is that every student improves at his or her own individual pace, in a non-competitive and relaxed family atmosphere. The Academy of Riding is proud to offer safe schooling horses to fit the needs and ability of each child.
What your child will learn in our program:
- Importance of safety around horses;
- Grooming and/or washing a horse;
- Taking care of the mane and tail;
- Proper care/fitting of the tack to a horse
- Cleaning of the stall
- Proper feed and nutrition for a horse
- Preparing a horse for a horse show
- Helping to understand horse show etiquette
- Importance of teamwork and horsemanship
- Organizational Skills
- Thinking Skills
- Most importantly, make friends and have fun!
Adult Classes: Are you a beginning or a returning adult rider? The Academy of Riding offers a variety of educational experiences in addition to riding lessons that are available to adults. Correct horse riding is also a great way to get in shape, strengthen your core and gain more flexibility and confidence.
Advanced Riders: We are also pleased to offer guidance to the more advanced rider. Our Private Lessons/Training Program is able to offer one-on-one attention to all of our upper level riders. Dressage and eventing lessons are another option for experienced riders who wish to expand their riding capabilities.